Bulgaria-Shot Film About Sex Slavery with 2 More Awards in LA
Svetlana's Journey was awarded at the HDFEST 2005 Los Angeles Event. It received the awards in the best short and best drama categories.
The film is the directing debut of Bold and The Beautiful star Michael Cory Davis, and features only Bulgarian actors. It was also shown during the 2005 Hollywood Film Festival.
The film features young Bulgarian star Violeta Markovska, as well as leading-part Maxim Gentchev, Gergana Dzhikelova and Elvira Ivanova.
During his stay in Bulgaria, Michael Cory Davis worked together with the Face to Face organization, dedicated to the fight against forced prostitution. Davis had arrived in the country to star in an action movie, but the cooperation with Face to Face inspired him to direct his own film, based on a true story.
Svetlana's journey was shown to the Bulgarian audience last December.
- » Bulgaria Ranks 2nd Worldwide In Terms Of Deats Due To Air Pollution
- » Pioneering Maritime Archaeology in Black Sea
- » Bulgaria's Education System Faces Severe Cadre Crisis Due To Retirement of Teachers
- » Bulgarian Union of Banat Leader Nikolai Mirkovic Passes Away
- » Bulgarian PM, Azerbaijan's First Lady Unveil Renovated Historical Site
- » 10% of Sofia Univeristy Places Remain Vacant After Third-Round Admission