First Case of Bird Flu in Italy
World | November 10, 2005, Thursday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
Italian authorities reported about the first confirmed case of bird flu in the country. The founding was made after testing more than 1,000 wild birds, the Health Ministry said in a statement adding that it's a "low pathogenic"' version that isn't life threatening. A wild duck bearing the H5N1 virus was found at a testing center in Padua, Italy, the ministry said. The virus found "is genetically very similar to the one found in wild European water fowl and therefore is of no threat to public health." Health Minister Francesco Storace has urged Italians not to exaggerate the threat of the virus, while at the same time promising greater controls on the food supply.World » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » One Person in Custody, Several Injured, in New York Explosion (UPDATED)
- » Russia will Build the First Nuclear Power Plant in Egypt
- » Police Respond to Possible Еxplosion Near Port Authority Bus Station, NY
- » Russian Troops Withdraw from Syria
- » Kosovo Expexts to Have Final Peace Treaty with Serbia by the End of 2018
- » Nearly 6,000 Jihadists from the Islamic State may Return to Africa
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)