First Case of Bird Flu in Italy
World | November 10, 2005, Thursday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
Italian authorities reported about the first confirmed case of bird flu in the country. The founding was made after testing more than 1,000 wild birds, the Health Ministry said in a statement adding that it's a "low pathogenic"' version that isn't life threatening. A wild duck bearing the H5N1 virus was found at a testing center in Padua, Italy, the ministry said. The virus found "is genetically very similar to the one found in wild European water fowl and therefore is of no threat to public health." Health Minister Francesco Storace has urged Italians not to exaggerate the threat of the virus, while at the same time promising greater controls on the food supply.World » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » After New Incident on Cyprus, EU Calls on Turkey to Rein in Naval Aggression
- » The Company of Elon Musk Launched a Global High-speed Internet Project (Video)
- » Over 400 Civilians were Killed near Damascus in the Past Five Days
- » Trump Wants Teachers to Carry Weapons
- » Deputy Director of UNICEF Resigned Because of Obscene Remarks to Women
- » An Armed Sheriff did not Help in the Shooting at a High School in the US
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)