Bulgarians are Champions in Lovemaking
With 127 sexual intercourses a year Bulgarian men and women rate fourth behind Greece (with 138), Croatia (134), and Serbia and Montenegro (128).
All in all the survey shows that the Balkan Peninsula is the place to go when in need of a vigorous sexual life. Myths tumbled, as France is just seven acts short of reaching Bulgaria's numbers and shares the fifth place with the Czech republic.
Those interested would be happy to know that only 14% of the Bulgarians who took the poll admitted to having had sexually transmitted infections, a number that is well in line with the global figures of 13%.
Leaving the bedroom, only one Bulgarian checked the "on an airplane" column, while the highest number (50) said they had had sex in a car.
More than 317,000 people from 41 countries took part in the world's largest survey on sexual attitudes and behaviour organized online by Durex.com.
Almost half of all adults surveyed said they were happy with their sex lives although men were not as satisfied with how often they have sex as women were. Among the other trends unveiled by the survey was that people tend to lose their virginity at a younger age - about 17.3 global average with numbers in different countries varying between 16 to 20 years.
- » Additional Train, Bus Services Provided over Chrismas Holidays
- » Immigrants Storming Turkey-Bulgaria Border Forces Checkpoint Closure
- » Anti-Discrimination Protest to Be Held in Sofia over 'Racist Remarks' of Gov't
- » Cyprus Returns Smuggled Jewellery Items to Bulgaria
- » Maglizh Ammo Plant Blast Caused by Breakdown - Interior Ministry
- » Bulgarian Ammo Plant Blast Leaves 1 Dead, 3 Wounded, Officials Confirm