48 American Peace Corps Volunteers Complete Training in Bulgaria
Peace Corps Volunteers in "Community and Organizational Development" and "Youth Development" programs serve as community developers in non-profit organizations and local institutions. They partner with their organizations and community members to develop and implement strategic plans, improve decision making processes, create and organize information centers, encourage collaborative spirit and skills transfer and to develop sustainable community outreach projects.
Prior to swearing in, these Volunteers have received eleven weeks of intensive training in training sites surrounding the city of Pazardzhik. They have been trained in Bulgarian language and culture, lived with Bulgarian families during the training period, and worked on small-scale community projects.
As of October 27th, when these new Volunteers are sworn in, more than 180 American Peace Corps Volunteers will be working in Bulgaria.
Since 1991, over 650 Peace Corps Volunteers have completed their service here and returned to the United States.
- » EU’s 1st Ever Legal Instrument for Roma Inclusion Adopted
- » Bulgaria to Lift Bank Secrect in Conflict of Interest Cases
- » Domino’s Pizza CEO Defends Bulgarians against Immigration Hysteria
- » Bulgarians View EU Only as Donor, Says Foreign Minister
- » Bulgarians Protest Against Discrimination in UK
- » Bulgaria Says Hoping to See Ukraine Closer to EU