48 American Peace Corps Volunteers Complete Training in Bulgaria
Peace Corps Volunteers in "Community and Organizational Development" and "Youth Development" programs serve as community developers in non-profit organizations and local institutions. They partner with their organizations and community members to develop and implement strategic plans, improve decision making processes, create and organize information centers, encourage collaborative spirit and skills transfer and to develop sustainable community outreach projects.
Prior to swearing in, these Volunteers have received eleven weeks of intensive training in training sites surrounding the city of Pazardzhik. They have been trained in Bulgarian language and culture, lived with Bulgarian families during the training period, and worked on small-scale community projects.
As of October 27th, when these new Volunteers are sworn in, more than 180 American Peace Corps Volunteers will be working in Bulgaria.
Since 1991, over 650 Peace Corps Volunteers have completed their service here and returned to the United States.
- » BSP MP Tables Space Exploration Draft Law
- » Central Bank Deputy Governor Arrives at Bulgaria's Presidency
- » Kristalina Georgieva 'Should Comment on EU Foreign Affairs' - FM
- » Parliament Fails to Reach Quorum, As GERB MPs Do Not Attend Session
- » President Plevneliev 'to Hold Consultations' with Caretaker Gov't
- » Nikolay Barekov's Appointment at TV7 'A Mistake' - KTB Owner