55 Die in Plane Crash in Equatorial Guinea
World | July 17, 2005, Sunday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
A Russian-made plane believed to have been carrying 55 passengers and crew has crashed deep in a forest in Equatorial Guinea. All people aboard are believed dead as the plane crashed shortly after takeoff from the capital Malabo, the government said on Sunday. "No one survived - the plane was destroyed", Information Minister and government spokesman Alfonso Nsue Mokuy said. Until teams reached the site on Sunday, the government had been unable to say whether anyone might have survived the crash. The plane, owned by local company Equatair, was heading from Malabo, on the Atlantic island of Bioko, to Bata, on the mainland section of the central African country.World » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » UK Police: 23-Year-Old Man Arrested Over Manchester Attack
- » Manchester Arena explosion: Children Among 22 Killed by Suicide Bomber After Ariana Grande Concert
- » Ariana Grande Concert: Deaths After Reported Blast
- » Erdogan Elected Leader of Turkey's Ruling Party
- » Theresa May: 'No time to Waste' as Brexit Talks Will Start Just 11 Days After the Election'
- » Romania Аpproves Financial Support for Holocaust Survivors
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)