55 Die in Plane Crash in Equatorial Guinea
World | July 17, 2005, Sunday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
A Russian-made plane believed to have been carrying 55 passengers and crew has crashed deep in a forest in Equatorial Guinea. All people aboard are believed dead as the plane crashed shortly after takeoff from the capital Malabo, the government said on Sunday. "No one survived - the plane was destroyed", Information Minister and government spokesman Alfonso Nsue Mokuy said. Until teams reached the site on Sunday, the government had been unable to say whether anyone might have survived the crash. The plane, owned by local company Equatair, was heading from Malabo, on the Atlantic island of Bioko, to Bata, on the mainland section of the central African country.World » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Romanian PM ousted in no-confidence vote
- » Justice minister Francois Bayrou is quitting French government
- » French Police Found Champs Elysees Attacker's Weapons
- » Premier Filip on a Working Visit to Brussels
- » Merkel Ready to Consider Macron Eurozone Reform Ideas
- » Bulgarian Ambassador to London: 'Attack at Finsbury Park Mosque is Defined as Potential Terrorist Attack'
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)