WHO'S WHO: Ahmed Dogan
He is a graduate at Philosophy from the Sofia University "St. Kliment Ohridski", 1981. As a candidate of philosophical sciences he worked as research associate in the Institute for Philosophy of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences. He obtained a Ph.D. in Philosophy in 1985.
Ahmed Dogan is a co-founder and leader of an illegal organization 1985-86 seeking restoration of the rights of Bulgarian Turks.
Dogan was arrested on June 12, 1986 and then sentenced to 10 years in prison during a closed-door session of the Varna District Court over charges of founding an anti-state organization, 1987. He was given amnesty on December 22, 1989.
Ahmed Dogan is a founding-member and chairman of MRF since its establishment on January 4, 1990 (re-elected December 1996).
He was elected an MP in Krumovgrad in the 7th Grand National Assembly from the Parliamentary Group of MRF. He entered the 36th National Assembly as an MP of MRF.
He was elected an MP in Burgas and chaired the Parliamentary Group of MRF in the 7th Grand National Assembly, as well as in the 36th and 37th National Assemblies.
As an MP in the 38th National Assembly, Dogan chaired the coalition Alliance for National Salvation (ANS) since March 1997.
As an MP from Dobrich Dogan worked also in the 39th parliament. He was chairman of the PG of MRF.
Ahmed Dogan speaks Russian, English, and Turkish. He was married twice, with two children.
- » Bulgaria Vulnerable to Developments in Greece - Reuters
- » EUObserver: Bulgaria Eyes Greek Crisis Warily
- » World Bank: Bulgaria Needs to Increase Productivity to Battle Demographic Crisis
- » Bloomberg: Grexit Threatens Bulgarian, Romanian Banking Industries
- » WSJ: Pro-Western Bulgaria Is One of Putin's Targets
- » NY Times: Bulgaria Fears Spillover of Greece Baking Trouble