Beer Consumption Reels in Bulgaria Bad Weather
The sales of beer stand at some 140,000-150,000 hectoliters less than for the same period last year, according to data presented Tuesday by Andreas Seemueller.
The chairman of the Board of Directors of Kamenitza AD has been hopeful that in the summer months to come fans will re-discover their favorite drink and the brewery market will frame into sales typical for the hot season.
Kamenitza AD is part of Interbrew, renamed into InBev after the merger of Interbrew and AmBev. It sells half a dozen brands in Bulgarian market, including Kamenitza, Astika, Pleven, Slavena, Stella Artois and Beck's.
The annual beer consumption in Bulgaria has reached 61 litres per capita last year, while in 2003 it was 55 litres. Investments into the business have increased about 15 times over the last decade.
- » Azerbaijan, Bulgaria Agree on Gas Deliveries from 2020
- » Bulgaria to Study Options for Azerbaijani Gas Supplies - Energy Min
- » Turkey to Complete Wall with Syria in 5 Months
- » Bulgaria Doesn't Appeal Arbitration Ruling over Atomstroyexport Debt
- » IAEA, EBRD Officials among Speakers at Nuclear Decommissioning Conference in Sofia
- » Bulgaria EconMin Visiting Azerbaijan on Thursday, Friday