Madrid Bombers Trained at Bosnia-Based Al Qaeda Camps
The news was broken Tuesday by the chief of the local police department Dragomir Andan at a special press conference. RIA Novosti cited the top police chief as saying that all 11 terrorists left for Spain passing through Sarajevo.
It was also reported that the explosives used in the terror acts were produced in Bosnia.
A total of 192 people were killed and over 1,500 others were injured in the March 11, 2004 attacks in Madrid.
- » Rosen Zhelyazkov Appointed Head of Bulgarian Electronic Management Agency
- » Bulgaria To Pay First BGN 3.4 M Installment For Refugees in Turkey
- » BSP, Lyava Balgariya To Start Discussions On Non-Confidence Vote
- » DPS Leader Karadayi: Georgieva's Nomination For UN Secretary General Is Very Superficial Move
- » Bulgarian President Plevneliev Calls For Unity On New UN Secretary Nomination
- » BSP: Georgieva's Nomination For UN Secretary General Is Shame For Bulgaria