Bulgaria Marks Anniversary of Space "Greenhouse"
Under it, cosmonauts working on the Russian orbital spaceship "Mir" are able to grow by themselves fresh vegetables.
The first spatial greenhouse left for "Mir" in 1990 and grew their first "special" salads, Dr Tanya Ilieva, director of Bulgaria's Space Research Institute.
Bulgaria joined the scientific research of open space in 1969 and now ranks sixth in the world as per cosmonauts sent there - Georgi Ivanov and Alexander Alexandrov.
The Balkan country comes next to spatial giants US and Russia in the development and production of spatial foods. Moreover, Bulgaria has fully equipped two Earth satellites - Intercosmos and Meteor-Priroda.
- » Night of Scientists Hosted By Pleven Medical University
- » CineLibri 2016 To Present Frédéric Beigbeder,Arnon Grunberg, Catherine Bernstein, Jiri Menzel
- » Two-Thirds of Deaths in Bulgaria Linked to Cardiovascular Diseases
- » Bulgaria Ranks 46th in Bloomberg's Healthcare System Index
- » Bulgaria Ranks 2nd Worldwide In Terms Of Deats Due To Air Pollution
- » Pioneering Maritime Archaeology in Black Sea