FOREIGN MINISTRY: THERE ARE NO NUCLEAR WEAPONS IN BULGARIA
"Numerous checks about the presence of nuclear weapons have been conducted in connection with Bulgaria's bid for full membership of NATO and membership of the Australia Group," Poptodorova specified.
"What the film shows is a rather absurd invention," she said. Poptodorova explained that the case has been checked by the defence and interior ministries and by the intelligence services. She stressed that the check was not about nuclear weapons but about a breakdown of the arms control mechanism. No breaches have been detected, Poptodorova added.
The Foreign Ministry is expecting a reaction from the film's authors and from the channel that broadcast it. A tape of the broadcast has not yet been made available to the ministry, even though it has requested one, Poptodorova reiterated.
- » Bulgaria Border Security System 'Out of Service over Unpaid Electricity Bills'
- » Kurdish Journalist Facing Deportation to Iran 'Beaten in Bulgaria'
- » AFP: Thracian Treasures Have Unleashed Gold Rush in Bulgaria's Rivers
- » Perils of Sea Crossing Make Syrian Refugees Choose Bulgaria Land Route
- » Bulgaria 'Renouncing Its Air Force,' RIA Novosti Says
- » Bulgaria's Outsourcing Potential 'May Come as a Shock' - Channelnomics.eu