FOREIGN MINISTRY: THERE ARE NO NUCLEAR WEAPONS IN BULGARIA
"Numerous checks about the presence of nuclear weapons have been conducted in connection with Bulgaria's bid for full membership of NATO and membership of the Australia Group," Poptodorova specified.
"What the film shows is a rather absurd invention," she said. Poptodorova explained that the case has been checked by the defence and interior ministries and by the intelligence services. She stressed that the check was not about nuclear weapons but about a breakdown of the arms control mechanism. No breaches have been detected, Poptodorova added.
The Foreign Ministry is expecting a reaction from the film's authors and from the channel that broadcast it. A tape of the broadcast has not yet been made available to the ministry, even though it has requested one, Poptodorova reiterated.
- » Bulgaria: Bucolic Beauty on the Edge of Europe
- » Sofia, Bulgaria: A Travel Tuesday Of Stately Proportions
- » Ukraine and Bulgaria Show Power of EU Model
- » South Stream Bilateral Deals Breach EU Law, Commission Says
- » One Abortion for Every Two Births in Bulgaria
- » Berlusconi May Have A Cunning Plan To Escape Prosecution In Italy: Running For Election In Bulgaria