Croatia's EU Talks Hinged on Hague War Tribunal
Politics | February 12, 2005, Saturday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
EU scheduled entry talks with Croatia will start only if the country cooperates in the Hague war crimes tribunal, according to Luxembourg's Prime Minister. Jean-Claude Juncker, whose country holds the rotating presidency of the EU, was speaking on behalf of the whole bloc after meeting the tribunal's chief prosecutor, Carla del Ponte. Referring to the arrest of indicted general General Ante Gotovina, she slammed Croatia for not doing enough to turn him over to the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia. Croatia is scheduled to start entry talks on March 17.Politics » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » 97% of Voters in the General Toshevo Referendum are Opposed to Gas Extraction
- » Nearly 60% of Employers in Bulgaria are Planning an Increase in Wages in 2018
- » The Fees for 34 Municipal Services in Sofia Could be Paid Online from Next Year
- » "Four Paws" Organization Transports a Pregnant Lioness from Razgrad to Sofia
- » Austria's Conservatives and Right-Wing Populists Agree on Coalition Government
- » The Price of Water is Rising in 14 Regions of the Country
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)