Kisyov Best Bulgarian Novelist of the Year
"The Executioner" was chosen from 66 titles published in 2003, by a four-member jury of prominent literary figures.
Stefan Kisyov received an award of BGN 10,000 and an opportunity for an English translation of his novel.
Another BGN 1000 prize was granted to Kerana Angelova for her book "Elada Pinio an the Time", which was chosen from the readers, who were able to vote for their favourite via Internet.
The contest was initiated by Edward Vick, founder of the EVS Company, one of Europe's leading translation companies, which has recently opened an office in Bulgaria.
He has established the Vick Foundation in 2004, which inaugurated the prize "Bulgarian Novel of the Year
- » UNHCR Warns about Rising Xenophobia in Bulgaria
- » Streamlining Education, Business Among Bulgaria’s Priorities
- » Strong Winds Heading to Bulgaria
- » Father of Bulgarian Teenage Protester Faces Questioning
- » Bulgaria's Ex Royal Palace Remains State Property
- » Majority of Bulgarians Support Full Smoking Ban