Kisyov Best Bulgarian Novelist of the Year
"The Executioner" was chosen from 66 titles published in 2003, by a four-member jury of prominent literary figures.
Stefan Kisyov received an award of BGN 10,000 and an opportunity for an English translation of his novel.
Another BGN 1000 prize was granted to Kerana Angelova for her book "Elada Pinio an the Time", which was chosen from the readers, who were able to vote for their favourite via Internet.
The contest was initiated by Edward Vick, founder of the EVS Company, one of Europe's leading translation companies, which has recently opened an office in Bulgaria.
He has established the Vick Foundation in 2004, which inaugurated the prize "Bulgarian Novel of the Year
- » Scientists to Search for Ancient Civilization in Bulgaria's Rhodopes
- » Communist-Era Cars Museum to Open in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Citizens Cover 46% of Health Expenses
- » Nearly 80 Thousand Migrants Arrived in Europe by Sea in H1 2014
- » Bulgaria Ranks 58th by Human Development Index
- » Reporters Without Borders Slam Amendments to BG Penal Code on Banks