Bulgaria Denies Plans for "Iran Attack"
He commented on a report of the Quebec's Center for Alternative Media claiming that at the October meeting the defense ministers from the Iraq coalition forces and the US administration have discussed a possible attack on Iran.
I can firmly say that we have not discussed such issues, Svinarov said.
In the article of the Center for Alternative Media called "Bush Pre-Election Strike On Iran "Imminent" it was reported that the administration of the current US president fears that he might lose the presidential battle to Democratic challenger Kerry. That was pointed as a reason for Bush to execute several attacks on Iran nuclear reactor in Bushehr and other nuclear spots.
The article claims that the operation was to take place two weeks before the November 2 elections in the US. The author of the article also says that US Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld and the coalition allies, including Bulgaria, have discussed the attack at their October 9 meeting.
- » One in Four Bulgarians to Vote for GERB in Next Elections – Poll
- » Bulgarian Socialist Party Returns Mandate
- » Fiasco and Hope After Bulgarian Government Resignation - Der Standard
- » President Rosen Plevneliev Urges Full Disclosure of 'KTB Files'
- » President Plevneliev: Parliament to Solve Key Tasks Before Dissolution
- » GERB Leader Boiko Borisov Returns Mandate