Ad Tricks "Turn Red-Hot" Interest in Bulgarian Viktor Krum
Months after a Bulgarian boy was picked for the role of Viktor Krum in the fourth blockbuster Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, local reports say director Michael Newell may be pulling advertising tricks in order to stoke interest red-hot.
The teen Stanislav Ianevski, living and studying in London, turned out to be the favorite choice of director Michael Newell. The news came after the casting's first round had taken place in Sofia. There were hundreds of Krum wannabes that flocked to the site.
Fans however can only guess as to what Ianevski looks like.
All my efforts to obtain more information about Stanislav Ianevski have come to nothing, says Victor Bozhinov, the Bulgarian producer who was in charge of the Sofia Viktor Krum casting.
Bozhinov has repeatedly contacted Warner Bros' London-based office with a request to send him a picture of Stanislav and information about how to contact the Bulgarian boy.
Quite unexpectedly however my requests were turned down, Bozhinov told local 24 Hours Daily, without hiding his surprise at the mystery that veils the film production.
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is the fourth film adaptation of J.K. Rowling's popular Harry Potter novel series. It will be released in November 2005. Its Bulgarian premiere has been scheduled for December 2005.
- » Gas Leak Detected on Russian Ferry in Bulgaria's Varna
- » Beglika Fest Returns For Sixth Time
- » Second Vicitim of Floods in Bulgaria's Vratsa Region Reported
- » Ticket Frenzy For 'Hamlet' Starring Benedict Cumberbatch
- » Bulgarian Capital Launches 5th Edition of 'Sofia Breathes' Festival
- » Sofia City Launches EUR 16.7 M Underground Railway Extension