Finnish Top Ski Jumper Arrested for Attempted Murder
Nykaenen is accused of stabbing a 59-year-old male acquaintance.
The two men were at a summer cottage and under the influence of alcohol at the time.
Nykaenen's wife is also suspected of being involved in the attempted murder of the man, whose identity was not disclosed.
Nykaenen, 41, won the first of his four world titles in 1982 at the age of 18.
He won gold and silver medals at the 1984 Olympics in Sarajevo before becoming the first man in Olympic history to win both individual jumps at the Calgary Games, four years later, as well as the team title.
- » Champions League: Ludogorets Defeated by PSG in Sofia
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov to Face 'Nightmare' Schwartzman in Chengdu
- » Uncertainty over Bulgarian National Coach's Move to Dinamo Zagreb
- » Bulgarian Women's Volleyball Team Qualifies for Eurovolley
- » Bulgaria Ranks 60th as Rio Paralympics End
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Goes Up ATP Ranking Again