Shells Fired near Bulgarians in Iraq
The shells exploded outside the base, causing no casualties or damages.
Following the latest tragic incidents with Polish soldiers on Thursday Bulgarian Defense Minister Nikolay Svinarov warned of escalating tension in the restless city of Karbala. Two Polish troops were killed and five injured when their patrol was attacked near their Babylon base in the southern part of the country.
Bulgaria is contributing a nearly 500-strong light infantry unit under Polish commandment within the multinational forces deployed in the south-center part of Iraq.
- » Bulgarian Socialist Party Submits Draft Election Code
- » EP: Russia, Keep Out of Eastern Europe!
- » Bulgaria Assumes Black Sea Cooperation Presidency
- » Bulgarian Delegation Visits Chinese Car Factory
- » US Helsinki Commission Chief Urges Ukrainian Authorities to Drop Force
- » EU Energy Commissioner: EC Not Opposed to South Stream