Shells Fired near Bulgarians in Iraq
The shells exploded outside the base, causing no casualties or damages.
Following the latest tragic incidents with Polish soldiers on Thursday Bulgarian Defense Minister Nikolay Svinarov warned of escalating tension in the restless city of Karbala. Two Polish troops were killed and five injured when their patrol was attacked near their Babylon base in the southern part of the country.
Bulgaria is contributing a nearly 500-strong light infantry unit under Polish commandment within the multinational forces deployed in the south-center part of Iraq.
- » New Operational Program in Bulgaria to Improve SME’s Access to External Financing
- » Bulgaria Sets Up Animal Police Service
- » Bulgaria Granted Citizenship to 808 Foreign Nationals in 2013 - Eurostat
- » Bulgaria MP Committee Passes Questions in Voting Rules Referendum
- » Bulgarian Parliament Passes Labor Code Amendments
- » Bulgarian Cabinet Approves Negotiations for Purchase of New Fighter Jets