Shells Fired near Bulgarians in Iraq
The shells exploded outside the base, causing no casualties or damages.
Following the latest tragic incidents with Polish soldiers on Thursday Bulgarian Defense Minister Nikolay Svinarov warned of escalating tension in the restless city of Karbala. Two Polish troops were killed and five injured when their patrol was attacked near their Babylon base in the southern part of the country.
Bulgaria is contributing a nearly 500-strong light infantry unit under Polish commandment within the multinational forces deployed in the south-center part of Iraq.
- » Media Packages Of Up To BGN 40,000 To Cover Campaigns On National TVs, Radios Only
- » Russia Takes Over UN Security Council Presidency
- » Macedonian Journalist Nedelkovski's Presence Not Desired in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Unemployment in August Hits Lowest Level of 7.7% Since October 2009
- » Russia, Ukraine Oppose Georgieva's Nomination for UN Secretary General
- » Every 20th Bulgarian at Age Over 80