Shells Fired near Bulgarians in Iraq
The shells exploded outside the base, causing no casualties or damages.
Following the latest tragic incidents with Polish soldiers on Thursday Bulgarian Defense Minister Nikolay Svinarov warned of escalating tension in the restless city of Karbala. Two Polish troops were killed and five injured when their patrol was attacked near their Babylon base in the southern part of the country.
Bulgaria is contributing a nearly 500-strong light infantry unit under Polish commandment within the multinational forces deployed in the south-center part of Iraq.
- » Tsvetan Vasilev: KTB Became Victim of State Institutions, Private Interests
- » EU Commission Grants EUR 1.6 B to Bulgaria for Transport
- » Early Retirement to be Removed for IntMin Administration in 2015
- » Protest Network Demands Resignation of Bulgaria's FinMin
- » Bulgaria Penal Code Includes Tough Measures against Insurance Infringement
- » Bulgarian MEP Barekov 'to Quit' His Party's Coalition