Al-Zarqawi Arrest Denied
The message about the arrest of al-Zarqawi comes from unreliable sources, Russian online edition Utro.Ru said, citing US Commandment and Iraq's Interior Ministry.
Earlier in the day RIA Novosti reported that Al-Zarqawi has been arrested by Iraqi police and US military close to the border with Syria, citing information posted on the Internet.
Zarqawi has been dressed in a white T-shirt and blue jeans and reportedly didn't oppose the arrest.
A group linked to Zarqawi is suspected of carrying out a wave of attacks in late June that killed more than 100 people and injured hundreds more in attacks in five Iraqi cities.
Zarqawi is also said to have been involved in the beheading of an American contractor, Nick Berg, shown on a video released on 11 May.
In 2003, he was named as the brains behind a series of lethal bombings - from Casablanca in Morocco to Istanbul in Turkey.
The US is now offering a USD 25 M reward for the capture of Zarqawi, the "wild card" in its pack of wanted men.
Politics » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » BSP MP Tables Space Exploration Draft Law
- » Central Bank Deputy Governor Arrives at Bulgaria's Presidency
- » Kristalina Georgieva 'Should Comment on EU Foreign Affairs' - FM
- » Parliament Fails to Reach Quorum, As GERB MPs Do Not Attend Session
- » President Plevneliev 'to Hold Consultations' with Caretaker Gov't
- » Nikolay Barekov's Appointment at TV7 'A Mistake' - KTB Owner