Ancient Sanctuary Unveiled in Bulgaria
A team of archeologists headed by professor Vassil Nikolov found the sanctuary in a mound located at a depth of 1,8 meters. According to the experts the sanctuary was used during different rituals for rich crop. Vassil Nikolov explained that the sanctuary is unique for Southeastern Europe.
The sanctuary is located in the Banyata mound that has been explored over the last two years.
The other findings will be included in the major exhibition of 3,000 Thracian pieces from Bulgaria that will open in Germany on Thursday.
- » Gas Leak Detected on Russian Ferry in Bulgaria's Varna
- » Beglika Fest Returns For Sixth Time
- » Second Vicitim of Floods in Bulgaria's Vratsa Region Reported
- » Ticket Frenzy For 'Hamlet' Starring Benedict Cumberbatch
- » Bulgarian Capital Launches 5th Edition of 'Sofia Breathes' Festival
- » Sofia City Launches EUR 16.7 M Underground Railway Extension