Ancient Sanctuary Unveiled in Bulgaria
A team of archeologists headed by professor Vassil Nikolov found the sanctuary in a mound located at a depth of 1,8 meters. According to the experts the sanctuary was used during different rituals for rich crop. Vassil Nikolov explained that the sanctuary is unique for Southeastern Europe.
The sanctuary is located in the Banyata mound that has been explored over the last two years.
The other findings will be included in the major exhibition of 3,000 Thracian pieces from Bulgaria that will open in Germany on Thursday.
- » Bulgaria Ranks 58th by Human Development Index
- » Reporters Without Borders Slam Amendments to BG Penal Code on Banks
- » Private Companies to Organize Driving License Tests – Agency Head
- » Bulgarian Police Is Looking For A German Citizen
- » Bulgaria's Environment Ministry Warns of Possible Flash Floods
- » Almost Half of Bulgarians Live Below Poverty Threshold – Survey