Ancient Sanctuary Unveiled in Bulgaria
A team of archeologists headed by professor Vassil Nikolov found the sanctuary in a mound located at a depth of 1,8 meters. According to the experts the sanctuary was used during different rituals for rich crop. Vassil Nikolov explained that the sanctuary is unique for Southeastern Europe.
The sanctuary is located in the Banyata mound that has been explored over the last two years.
The other findings will be included in the major exhibition of 3,000 Thracian pieces from Bulgaria that will open in Germany on Thursday.
- » Three-Day Bulgarian Tourist Fair Opens Doors in Paris
- » Fire Causes Death of Two People in Downtown Sofia
- » No Risk for Bulgaria from Forest Fires Around Ukraine’s Chernobyl
- » Bulgarian Ambassador to US Says Was Subject to Hack Attack
- » NGO Threatens to Sue Bulgaria over Forced Demolition of Homes in Roma District of Garmen
- » Two Bulgarian Ad Agencies Nominated in Cannes Lions Festival