Ancient Sanctuary Unveiled in Bulgaria
A team of archeologists headed by professor Vassil Nikolov found the sanctuary in a mound located at a depth of 1,8 meters. According to the experts the sanctuary was used during different rituals for rich crop. Vassil Nikolov explained that the sanctuary is unique for Southeastern Europe.
The sanctuary is located in the Banyata mound that has been explored over the last two years.
The other findings will be included in the major exhibition of 3,000 Thracian pieces from Bulgaria that will open in Germany on Thursday.
- » Two-Thirds of Deaths in Bulgaria Linked to Cardiovascular Diseases
- » Bulgaria Ranks 46th in Bloomberg's Healthcare System Index
- » Bulgaria Ranks 2nd Worldwide In Terms Of Deats Due To Air Pollution
- » Pioneering Maritime Archaeology in Black Sea
- » Bulgaria's Education System Faces Severe Cadre Crisis Due To Retirement of Teachers
- » Bulgarian Union of Banat Leader Nikolai Mirkovic Passes Away