Slain Hostage Was "in Coma"
Papers cited Iraqi sources as saying that for six days Georgi Lazov couldn't take his medicine - and diabetic coma is a frequent outcome when blood sugar extremes aren't treated. Besides, he was stressed, and the broiling heat also caused his condition to worsen.
According to 24 Chasa Daily, Lazov could have been already dead when the militants were filming his "killing."
There has been no official confirmation of those reports. Bulgaria is still fighting to receive a copy of the tape that was initially sent to Al-Jazeera, so that it could be studied closely.
- » BSP MP Tables Space Exploration Draft Law
- » Central Bank Deputy Governor Arrives at Bulgaria's Presidency
- » Kristalina Georgieva 'Should Comment on EU Foreign Affairs' - FM
- » Parliament Fails to Reach Quorum, As GERB MPs Do Not Attend Session
- » President Plevneliev 'to Hold Consultations' with Caretaker Gov't
- » Nikolay Barekov's Appointment at TV7 'A Mistake' - KTB Owner