Slain Hostage Was "in Coma"
Papers cited Iraqi sources as saying that for six days Georgi Lazov couldn't take his medicine - and diabetic coma is a frequent outcome when blood sugar extremes aren't treated. Besides, he was stressed, and the broiling heat also caused his condition to worsen.
According to 24 Chasa Daily, Lazov could have been already dead when the militants were filming his "killing."
There has been no official confirmation of those reports. Bulgaria is still fighting to receive a copy of the tape that was initially sent to Al-Jazeera, so that it could be studied closely.
- » Bulgaria's Employment Agency Head Sacked
- » EC: Flaws of South Stream Agreements with Gazprom Revealed in August
- » Bulgarian President: Never Has the World Been So United in Mourning
- » Bulgarian Parliament Pays Tribute to Late Nelson Mandela
- » Bulgaria's Foreign Minister: Mandela Left Mark on Humanity
- » Bulgaria President to Analyze Budget 2014 before Veto Decision