Slain Hostage Was "in Coma"
Papers cited Iraqi sources as saying that for six days Georgi Lazov couldn't take his medicine - and diabetic coma is a frequent outcome when blood sugar extremes aren't treated. Besides, he was stressed, and the broiling heat also caused his condition to worsen.
According to 24 Chasa Daily, Lazov could have been already dead when the militants were filming his "killing."
There has been no official confirmation of those reports. Bulgaria is still fighting to receive a copy of the tape that was initially sent to Al-Jazeera, so that it could be studied closely.
- » Bulgarian President Plevneliev Calls for Cooperation on the Balkans
- » Bulgaria's Varna Hosts International Naval Exercise Breeze 2015
- » Bulgaria to Complete Fence at Border with Turkey by End of Year
- » Bulgaria MPs Pass Bill Allowing Expats to Vote in Referendums
- » Nationalist Alliance Patriotic Front to Keep Supporting Bulgaria’s Government
- » Bulgaria Needs to Focus Efforts on Completing Motorway Ring – Minister