Lithuanian President Swears In
Politics | July 12, 2004, Monday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
Lithuanian President Valdas Adamkus has taken oath of office at Monday's inauguration session of the Seimas (Parliament) in Vilnius. Photo by INNA.
Valdas Adamkus has officially taken the office of Lithuanian Presidency on Monday. The 77-year-old New Democracy nominee won the presidential run-off on June 27. The ballot in the Baltic country was to choose a replacement for ousted President Rolandas Paksas, who was impeached by parliament in April for violating the constitution. Lithuania's President declared that his country will adhere to the pro-Western approach in its policies, while stating that his country will improve relations with Russia. Lithuania will advocate Ukraine's accession to the EU and NATO, Adamkus pointed out.Politics » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » PM Borisov Wants Cheaper Aircraft and Tanks from the United States
- » Le Point: Mariya Gabriel is One of the Most Actively Working Commissioners
- » Romania's Foreign Minister: Postponing the Accession of Bulgaria and Romania to the Schengen Area is a Political Issu
- » According to the Polish Prime Minister, "North Stream-2" Could Trigger a Russian-Ukrainian War
- » President Rumen Radev Met with Macedonian Counterpart Gjorge Ivanov
- » Hungary Anti-Immigration Bill an 'Assault on Human Rights': U.N.
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)