Lithuanian President Swears In
Politics | July 12, 2004, Monday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
Lithuanian President Valdas Adamkus has taken oath of office at Monday's inauguration session of the Seimas (Parliament) in Vilnius. Photo by INNA.
Valdas Adamkus has officially taken the office of Lithuanian Presidency on Monday. The 77-year-old New Democracy nominee won the presidential run-off on June 27. The ballot in the Baltic country was to choose a replacement for ousted President Rolandas Paksas, who was impeached by parliament in April for violating the constitution. Lithuania's President declared that his country will adhere to the pro-Western approach in its policies, while stating that his country will improve relations with Russia. Lithuania will advocate Ukraine's accession to the EU and NATO, Adamkus pointed out.Politics » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » BGN 80 Million is the Budget for Road Cleaning during the Winter
- » Navalny will be Able to Run for Office in Russia after 2028
- » Trump Gave an Improptu Press Conference at the White House Rose Garden
- » 55% of Bulgarians are Optimistic About the EU Presidency
- » Bulgaria Media Still Under Political Pressure
- » Bulgaria and Russia to Cooperate in the Field of Culture
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)