Lithuanian President Swears In
Politics | July 12, 2004, Monday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
Lithuanian President Valdas Adamkus has taken oath of office at Monday's inauguration session of the Seimas (Parliament) in Vilnius. Photo by INNA.
Valdas Adamkus has officially taken the office of Lithuanian Presidency on Monday. The 77-year-old New Democracy nominee won the presidential run-off on June 27. The ballot in the Baltic country was to choose a replacement for ousted President Rolandas Paksas, who was impeached by parliament in April for violating the constitution. Lithuania's President declared that his country will adhere to the pro-Western approach in its policies, while stating that his country will improve relations with Russia. Lithuania will advocate Ukraine's accession to the EU and NATO, Adamkus pointed out.Politics » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » 63% of Bulgarians Approve Government's Willingness to Build Belene NPP
- » Sofia Municipality has Terminated an Order for BGN 40 Million for a Priority Project
- » Arabian Diplomats Block the US Embassy in Sofia
- » Macedonia will become the 30th member of NATO next year
- » Italy Likely to Hold National Elections on March 4
- » Guaranteed Мinimum Income will Rise to BGN 75 From January 1, 2018
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)