Bulgarian Troy to Open Doors for Tourists
The stone architectural complex, located nearby the Bulgarian-Romanian border, dates some 7,000 years back to prehistoric times, thus being the oldest monumental structure on the Old Continent.
Bulgarian scientists and archeologists have arrived on the excavations site to launch the culture tourism project, financed with EUR 290,000 under Phare, with the hope to make Durankulak a new destination for history-interested tourists.
The prehistoric archeological park is expected to open doors in 2005.
Society » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Construction of Sofia's 3rd Metro Line Could Be Delayed Over Appeals
- » Over 15 000 People Not Let Into Bulgaria in 2014
- » Bulgaria's Osam, Vit Rivers Water Levels Increasing Due to Heavy Rains
- » Over 100 People Residing in Bulgaria Illegally Arrested in Special Operation
- » Antoaneta Vasileva Questioned In Money Laundering Investigation
- » Bulgarian Red Cross Warns of New Refugee Wave