Bulgarian Troy to Open Doors for Tourists
The stone architectural complex, located nearby the Bulgarian-Romanian border, dates some 7,000 years back to prehistoric times, thus being the oldest monumental structure on the Old Continent.
Bulgarian scientists and archeologists have arrived on the excavations site to launch the culture tourism project, financed with EUR 290,000 under Phare, with the hope to make Durankulak a new destination for history-interested tourists.
The prehistoric archeological park is expected to open doors in 2005.
Society » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Bulgaria’s Health Ministry Mulls 3-10% Tax on Junk Food
- » Rally Driver Dies, Co-Driver Injured after Heavy Crash Near Bulgaria's Tvarditsa
- » Austria Embassy Suspicious Package 'False Alarm'
- » Suspicious Package Found at Austrian Embassy in Sofia
- » Sofia Pride to Take Place Saturday
- » Bulgarian Movie "Losers" Claims Main Prize at Moscow International Film Festival