Bulgarian Troy to Open Doors for Tourists
The stone architectural complex, located nearby the Bulgarian-Romanian border, dates some 7,000 years back to prehistoric times, thus being the oldest monumental structure on the Old Continent.
Bulgarian scientists and archeologists have arrived on the excavations site to launch the culture tourism project, financed with EUR 290,000 under Phare, with the hope to make Durankulak a new destination for history-interested tourists.
The prehistoric archeological park is expected to open doors in 2005.
Society » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » German Transplant Patient to Receive Liver from Bulgarian Donor
- » Outgoing Justice Minister Calls for Consensus on Priority Goals
- » Trade Union: ¼ of Bulgarian Households Below Poverty Threshold
- » Fatal Traffic Accidents in Bulgaria See Dramatic Increase – Expert
- » Child Beggars in Bulgaria's Capital 'Numbering 400'
- » Firefighters Protest in Varna