15 Dropouts of Bulgaria's Next Iraq Unit
The news was broken by Bulgarian Darik radio. A total of 450 military men are already part of Bulgaria's next peacekeeping unit for Iraq.
The same problem bothered the country's Defense Ministry in December. Soldiers from Bulgaria's second unit decided to quit following the December 27 attack that claimed the life of five Bulgarians in Iraq. Those were Bulgaria's first casualties in Iraq.
After Senior Sergeant Dimitar Dimitrov was killed in an ambush in Karbala in April many soldiers from the second battalion that is already in Iraq filed reports to return to Bulgaria. Last week, however, Bulgaria's Army Chief Gen. Nikola Kolev explained that the soldiers that decide to quit their mission in Iraq should be punished.
- » Bulgaria's New MEPs to Stress Refugee Issues, Eurozone Accession
- » Bulgaria Issues Libya Travel Warning
- » Bulgaria's President to Ask DPS to Form New Cabinet 'Wednesday'
- » Bulgaria's DPS 'Might Keep Gov't Mandate' - Socialist Group Chair
- » Mikov’s Election to Cement Status Quo at BSP - Analysts
- » Former President's Party 'Ready for Talks' with BSP