15 Dropouts of Bulgaria's Next Iraq Unit
The news was broken by Bulgarian Darik radio. A total of 450 military men are already part of Bulgaria's next peacekeeping unit for Iraq.
The same problem bothered the country's Defense Ministry in December. Soldiers from Bulgaria's second unit decided to quit following the December 27 attack that claimed the life of five Bulgarians in Iraq. Those were Bulgaria's first casualties in Iraq.
After Senior Sergeant Dimitar Dimitrov was killed in an ambush in Karbala in April many soldiers from the second battalion that is already in Iraq filed reports to return to Bulgaria. Last week, however, Bulgaria's Army Chief Gen. Nikola Kolev explained that the soldiers that decide to quit their mission in Iraq should be punished.
- » Bulgaria is Well Prepared for Greek Bank Crisis, Foreign Minister Mitov says
- » EU Commission President Thanks for Bulgarian Contribution to Investment Plan
- » Bulgaria Ranked at Bottom of Migrant Integration Index
- » Bulgaria to Contribute EUR 100 M to Juncker Investment Plan
- » Bulgaria’s Agriculture Fund Pays BGN 703 000 to Farmers Affected by Russian Embargo
- » EU Reaches Preliminary Deal to Scrap Mobile Roaming Fees by mid-2017