Russian Civilian Killed in Baghdad
An Iraqi guard traveling with them was also abducted during the raid.
The Russian civilians employed by the locally branched Russian company Interenergoservice were attacked when returning from a power plant site, some 50 km south of Baghdad.
Meanwhile, the Netherlands gave its first fatality in Iraq after one of the two Dutch soldiers wounded Monday in a grenade attack in the southern Iraqi city of Samawa died.
There are 1,260 Dutch soldiers in the southern Iraqi province of al-Muthanna, which is under UK control.
- » Bulgaria's Unemployment in August Hits Lowest Level of 7.7% Since October 2009
- » Russia, Ukraine Oppose Georgieva's Nomination for UN Secretary General
- » Every 20th Bulgarian at Age Over 80
- » Border Police, Prosecutor's Office Uncovers Organised Criminal Group for Human Trafficking
- » Four Policemen Arrested for Corrupiton at Kapitan Andreevo Checkpoint
- » Bulgarian Interior Minister: New Unit for Increasing Border Security To Be Created