Al-Qaeda "Roots Easily" on the Balkans
US antiterrorism experts have voiced an alarm that due to the relative poverty of the local people terrorist and mafia groups meet little resistance along their channels for drug, arms and human trafficking.
The Al-Qaeda affiliates is actively searching for new routes eyeing the Balkans as a perfect location for settling their terrorist cells, experts said.
Lax institutional control and corruption practices offer additional tints of attraction to terror groups' interest in the Balkans.
Antiterrorist experts have warned also about the spotted increased terrorist recruitment activity in the region.
- » Bulgarian President Plevneliev Calls for Cooperation on the Balkans
- » Bulgaria's Varna Hosts International Naval Exercise Breeze 2015
- » Bulgaria to Complete Fence at Border with Turkey by End of Year
- » Bulgaria MPs Pass Bill Allowing Expats to Vote in Referendums
- » Nationalist Alliance Patriotic Front to Keep Supporting Bulgaria’s Government
- » Bulgaria Needs to Focus Efforts on Completing Motorway Ring – Minister