Al-Qaeda "Roots Easily" on the Balkans
US antiterrorism experts have voiced an alarm that due to the relative poverty of the local people terrorist and mafia groups meet little resistance along their channels for drug, arms and human trafficking.
The Al-Qaeda affiliates is actively searching for new routes eyeing the Balkans as a perfect location for settling their terrorist cells, experts said.
Lax institutional control and corruption practices offer additional tints of attraction to terror groups' interest in the Balkans.
Antiterrorist experts have warned also about the spotted increased terrorist recruitment activity in the region.
- » Bulgaria’s Employment Agency Head Sacked
- » EC: Flaws of South Stream Agreements with Gazprom Revealed in August
- » Bulgarian President: Never Has the World Been So United in Mourning
- » Bulgarian Parliament Pays Tribute to Late Nelson Mandela
- » Bulgaria's Foreign Minister: Mandela Left Mark on Humanity
- » Bulgaria President to Analyze Budget 2014 before Veto Decision