Al-Qaeda "Roots Easily" on the Balkans
US antiterrorism experts have voiced an alarm that due to the relative poverty of the local people terrorist and mafia groups meet little resistance along their channels for drug, arms and human trafficking.
The Al-Qaeda affiliates is actively searching for new routes eyeing the Balkans as a perfect location for settling their terrorist cells, experts said.
Lax institutional control and corruption practices offer additional tints of attraction to terror groups' interest in the Balkans.
Antiterrorist experts have warned also about the spotted increased terrorist recruitment activity in the region.
- » Bulgaria Applies for Flood Damage Aid of EUR 77.5 M under EUSF
- » President Plevleniev: Bulgaria Can Meet EU's Renewables Target
- » Plovdiv Mayor Signs Contract for BGN 30 M Loan from EBRD
- » GERB Meets BSP Friday in Second Round of Coalition Talks
- » President Plevneliev Criticises Guy Verhofstadt's Recommendations
- » GERB, Patriotic Front Agree On Coalition Support For Government