Viktor Krum Looming as Bulgaria's Tourism Face
The idea is part of a brand new national advertising program for imposing a different concept of Bulgaria abroad. The Agency is still waiting for the final casting and scenario of the movie to be approved, so that to further develop its idea.
Ivaylo Gyurov sees the Goblet of Fire and the upcoming movie blockbuster on Harry Potter as a unique opportunity that millions of children and their parents globally get known with one of Bulgaria's greatest rulers - Chan Krum, who has given his name to the quidditch team player Viktor Krum.
According to Ivaylo Gyurov, the chance that a Bulgarian boy would play the role will open doors to tell the world about Chan Krum's glorious times, when the political map knew only about two great states in Europe - Bulgaria and the Empire of Franks.
That is a very promising and attractive image of Bulgaria - a state of ancient history and the only European country to have preserved its original name and lasted for two dozens of centuries on the same territories.
Bulgaria's tourism promotion agency sees the kids as the ones to inspire their parents to come and visit the country of Viktor Krum.
In February a casting took place in Sofia in search for the Bulgarian boy to play JKR's character of Viktor Krum. The shooting of the film is projected to start April-May, but the final actor crew has not been approved yet.
- » Roma People in Garmen Refuse Social Assistance
- » Three-Day Bulgarian Tourist Fair Opens Doors in Paris
- » Fire Causes Death of Two People in Downtown Sofia
- » No Risk for Bulgaria from Forest Fires Around Ukraine’s Chernobyl
- » Bulgarian Ambassador to US Says Was Subject to Hack Attack
- » NGO Threatens to Sue Bulgaria over Forced Demolition of Homes in Roma District of Garmen