Viktor Krum Looming as Bulgaria's Tourism Face
The idea is part of a brand new national advertising program for imposing a different concept of Bulgaria abroad. The Agency is still waiting for the final casting and scenario of the movie to be approved, so that to further develop its idea.
Ivaylo Gyurov sees the Goblet of Fire and the upcoming movie blockbuster on Harry Potter as a unique opportunity that millions of children and their parents globally get known with one of Bulgaria's greatest rulers - Chan Krum, who has given his name to the quidditch team player Viktor Krum.
According to Ivaylo Gyurov, the chance that a Bulgarian boy would play the role will open doors to tell the world about Chan Krum's glorious times, when the political map knew only about two great states in Europe - Bulgaria and the Empire of Franks.
That is a very promising and attractive image of Bulgaria - a state of ancient history and the only European country to have preserved its original name and lasted for two dozens of centuries on the same territories.
Bulgaria's tourism promotion agency sees the kids as the ones to inspire their parents to come and visit the country of Viktor Krum.
In February a casting took place in Sofia in search for the Bulgarian boy to play JKR's character of Viktor Krum. The shooting of the film is projected to start April-May, but the final actor crew has not been approved yet.
- » CineLibri 2016 To Present Frédéric Beigbeder,Arnon Grunberg, Catherine Bernstein, Jiri Menzel
- » Two-Thirds of Deaths in Bulgaria Linked to Cardiovascular Diseases
- » Bulgaria Ranks 46th in Bloomberg's Healthcare System Index
- » Bulgaria Ranks 2nd Worldwide In Terms Of Deats Due To Air Pollution
- » Pioneering Maritime Archaeology in Black Sea
- » Bulgaria's Education System Faces Severe Cadre Crisis Due To Retirement of Teachers