London Lingers over Choosing Bulgarian for Harry Potter Role
At the beginning of this month, Bozhinov auditioned a number of Victor Krum wannabes, and taped performances of 56 of them were sent to London for further reflection.
Producers in London have already skimmed the videotaped material that Bozhinov and his colleagues prepared during the casting in Sofia - commenting that there are some very interesting faces among the local Viktor Krum candidates.
However, on Tuesday there was no immediate answer to Bozhinov's query about whom they have picked.
More than 600 felt attracted by the opportunity to appear on the next Harry Potter movie, and showed up for the audition on February 4 and 5 in Sofia. The candidates for the role of the 17-year-old captain of the Bulgarian Quidditch team, one of the leading roles in the movie, were required to be aged 15-19, swarthy boys in good health. Some knowledge of English was also obligatory.
JK Rowling put Bulgaria at centre stage of the fourth book after being inspired by the country's fourth place in the 1994 World Cup. In Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, magicians from all over the world take part in the Quidditch World Cup, and Krum leads the Bulgarians.
- » Night of Scientists Hosted By Pleven Medical University
- » CineLibri 2016 To Present Frédéric Beigbeder,Arnon Grunberg, Catherine Bernstein, Jiri Menzel
- » Two-Thirds of Deaths in Bulgaria Linked to Cardiovascular Diseases
- » Bulgaria Ranks 46th in Bloomberg's Healthcare System Index
- » Bulgaria Ranks 2nd Worldwide In Terms Of Deats Due To Air Pollution
- » Pioneering Maritime Archaeology in Black Sea