56 Viktor Krum Wannabes Approved in Sofia's Potter Casting
Bozhinov explained that some of the kids strictly match "the dark hair, thick eyebrows and a slightly bent nose" look, while the other boys were more athletic build and robust. He also revealed that there were some Krum wannabes that didn't match the needed look but were "very cute guys".
When asked whether the Bulgarian boys stand a real chance of becoming a part of the next Harry Potter blockbuster, Bozhinov explained that his job was to find the most appropriate candidates, but producers in London are to decide.
The London approved boys will be taken to England and the movie producers will decide who is the most suitable one. In Bozhinov's words they will judge upon the candidates acting skills.
Over 600 kids flocked to the casting but jury members showed up at the entrance of "Studentski Dom" in the center of Sofia, where the casting was held, to choose those of the boys they will meet and tape their short interviewing on camera.
The Bulgarian director also explained that in his opinion the most perfect candidate would simply grab the producers with his aura.
JK Rowling put Bulgaria at centre stage of the fourth book after being inspired by the country's fourth place in the 1994 World Cup. In Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, magicians from all over the world take part in the Quidditch World Cup, and Krum leads the Bulgarians.
Krum, the 17-year-old captain of the Bulgarian Quidditch team, also plays the love interest for Harry Potter's friend Hermione Grainger.
- » No Risk for Bulgaria from Forest Fires Around Ukraine’s Chernobyl
- » Bulgarian Ambassador to US Says Was Subject to Hack Attack
- » NGO Threatens to Sue Bulgaria over Forced Demolition of Homes in Roma District of Garmen
- » Two Bulgarian Ad Agencies Nominated in Cannes Lions Festival
- » Bulgaria, US to Create Commission on Safeguarding Cultural Heritage
- » Three Houses Collapsed in Pernik Following Illegal Mining Activities