Bulgaria Tops World Smoking Rate
Politics | November 20, 2003, Thursday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
Bulgaria ranks first in the world in terms of number of smoked cigarettes per person, Health Ministry officials announced on the International Non-Smoking Day, which is always celebrated on the third Thursday of November. A Bulgarian smokes an average of 3,407 per year. Hungary, the USA, France, the UK and Sweden stay right behind Bulgaria. Half of the country smokers hardly reach 65 years of age, according to Health Ministry data. Some 30 Bulgarians die every day due to smoking. About 32 % of all deaths in the country until 2005 will be caused by smoking, health consultant Tsveta Dimitrova said. The International Non-Smoking Day was first celebrated in the USA in 1977. In Bulgaria it was marked for the first time in 1990.Politics » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Answers To the Bulgarian Language and Literature Exams
- » New Psycho Tests for Drivers
- » Scotland will Consider a New Referendum on Independence
- » Many Parts of Sofia Remain Without Hot Water during the Summer
- » Only 7 People Can Call Donald Trump Directly
- » Bulgarian Railways Continue to Accumulate Losses
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)