Thailand Opens Sofia Consulate with Unique Royal Decree
The preparations for the consulate took two years and ended with the decree, which is a piece of art written by a special calligrapher.
In spite of the honorary status of the mission, it will also issue visas to those who want to visit Thailand. "This is not a common practice," Victor Melamed, honorary consul of Thailand in Bulgaria said.
Bulgaria and Thailand have had diplomatic relations since 1974.
- » Bulgarian President: We Are Concerned about Russia over Nemtsov's Death
- » Bulgaria PM Undergoes Knee Surgery
- » Bulgaria to Back New Sanctions on Russia if Minsk Deal Fails
- » Bulgaria’s Govt Replaces Chair of Archives State Agency
- » Bulgaria Is Not Among Worst Performers in EU Funds Absorption – President
- » NATO to Station Ship Command Centre near Bulgaria's Varna