Thailand Opens Sofia Consulate with Unique Royal Decree
The preparations for the consulate took two years and ended with the decree, which is a piece of art written by a special calligrapher.
In spite of the honorary status of the mission, it will also issue visas to those who want to visit Thailand. "This is not a common practice," Victor Melamed, honorary consul of Thailand in Bulgaria said.
Bulgaria and Thailand have had diplomatic relations since 1974.
- » President Plevneliev: Parliament to Solve Key Tasks Before Dissolution
- » GERB Leader Boyko Borisov Returns Mandate
- » Outgoing PM Plamen Oresharski: I Have No Regrets
- » Resignation 'Will Not Lead to Economic Recovery' - BIA Chairman
- » Outgoing FM: Bulgaria Vulnerable to New EU Sanctions against Russia
- » Bulgarian Outgoing Ministers React to Cabinet Resignation