Thailand Opens Sofia Consulate with Unique Royal Decree
The preparations for the consulate took two years and ended with the decree, which is a piece of art written by a special calligrapher.
In spite of the honorary status of the mission, it will also issue visas to those who want to visit Thailand. "This is not a common practice," Victor Melamed, honorary consul of Thailand in Bulgaria said.
Bulgaria and Thailand have had diplomatic relations since 1974.
- » Tsvetan Vasilev: KTB Became Victim of State Institutions, Private Interests
- » EU Commission Grants EUR 1.6 B to Bulgaria for Transport
- » Early Retirement to be Removed for IntMin Administration in 2015
- » Protest Network Demands Resignation of Bulgaria's FinMin
- » Bulgaria Penal Code Includes Tough Measures against Insurance Infringement
- » Bulgarian MEP Barekov 'to Quit' His Party's Coalition