There are Two Guards at every Kilometer of the Bulgarian Border
At a total length of more than 2 000 km of Bulgaria border, border police officers are over 5200 - ie. for every kilometer there are two guards (this does not include the Black Sea border). This shows data of the Ministry of Interior, provided to "Dnevnik" in response to an application for access to public information.
From the report provided to Dnevnik, it appears that most police officers with investigative functions are included in the Regional Directorate of Border Police - Airports. There are a total of 480 people (out of a total of 520 with such functions).
At the end of March, at Sofia Airport, over 40 people from Paris to Sofia were allowed to pass without mandatory border and passport check. This happened after all border police officers left the checkpoints. The Interior Ministry removed 13 people and started a disciplinary investigation against them.
- » 'Albania wants an American military base on its soil'
- » Bulgaria and Romania Discuss Bilateral Military Police Co-operation
- » The Pentagon Offered Turkey an Alternative to the Russian s-400
- » Illegal Migrant Flow on Aegean on Rise Again
- » Prison Guards are Considering to Protest Again
- » Bulgaria Joins NATO Cooperative Cyber Defence Centre of Excellence