Albania Bans Imports of Cars Produced Before 2009
Albania will ban imports of cars produced before 2009, Albania's Minister of Tourism and the Environment, Blendi Klosi, told Tiranian TV News 24.
The Minister stressed that this government's move is aimed at reducing air pollution in the country and is in the interest of citizens because old cars are one of the main pollutants.
We will ban the import of cars older than ten years from the date of production. Cars produced before 2009 will not be able to enter Albania. This is done for a cleaner environment and a reduction of atmospheric air pollution. The old car consumes four times as much as a new car, said Klosi.
- » Automation Threatens 800 Million Jobs, but Technology Could Still Save us, Says Report
- » The European Union Will Lift Visas for Kosovo by the End of 2018
- » Croatia Pushes Treaty on Violence Against Women Despite Protests
- » Palestinian Ahed Tamimi Accepts Prison Term Plea Deal
- » Turkish Foreign Minister Disputes Aegean Sea Borders and Sovereignty of Islands
- » Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg Finally Addresses Cambridge Analytica Scandal