The American Ambassador to Panama Resigned Because of a Dispute with Trump
The US Ambassador to Panama resigned, pointing to disagreements with President Donald Trump's policy.
According to CNN, Ambassador John Feely has filed his application as early as the end of December. This statement by CNN refers to information from Steven Goldstein, Deputy Secretary of State for Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs of the United States.
"As a junior foreign official, I have sworn to serve the President and his administration faithfully in an apolitical way, even if I do not agree with certain policies." My instructions clearly stated that if I did not believe in my ability to do so , I will have to resign, the time has come for it, "wrote Feely in his letter.
- » Syrian Government to Attend U.N. Talks in Vienna: U.N. Deputy Envoy
- » Romania Does Not Really Follow Recommendations on Fighting Corruption: Council of Europe
- » The EU and Turkey are Preparing a Summit in Late March
- » Private Armies will be Legalized in Russia
- » UK Pledges Extra £44m for Channel Border Security
- » Trump Denies U.S. Embassy to be Moved to Jerusalem Within a Year