New Increase in the Price of Water. Protest in Front of the Water and Energy Regulatory Commission
The Water and Energy Regulatory Commission (KEVR) has to declare today its decision whether the water in 14 big cities in our country will be more expensive.
The increase in the price of water in Sofia from 1 January 2018 will be by BGN 0.17 or 9.45%. The increase will affect the consumers in Smolyan, Plovdiv, Varna, Silistra, Kardzhali, Ruse, Pernik, Montana, Shumen, Sliven, Burgas, Yambol and Vratsa. The projected increase for Varna is BGN 0.07 per cubic meter. The biggest - by 20% - is the increase in water in Yambol, as well as in Vratsa - by 13%.
While the KEVR takes a decision at an open session at 13.30, citizens and councilors from the Sofia Municipal Council organized a protest. The protest is gaining popularity in social networks, where people express their dissatisfaction and unite against the planned increase in electricity and heating prices.
- » CEM will Check if There is Censorship and Pressure in the Bulgarian National Television
- » 174 People Spent the Night at the Crisis Centre For Homeless People in the Capital
- » "For" and "Against" the Istanbul Convention Today in Parliament
- » A Motion of no Confidence Enters the National Assembly Today
- » The Ombudsman and the Trade Unions Submit a Legislative Proposal to Protect Labor Rights
- » Investments of over BGN 12 Million in the Border Region Between Bulgaria and Serbia