Thieves are going to Court after Stealing 100-year Old Christian Icons
A man from Pernik and woman from Sofia stand before the court for the theft of 100-year old Christian icons, ODMVP - Pernik announced.
In July, 12 wooden icons, a wooden cross, and kitras were stolen from the church in the village of Rejantzhi. According to experts, the icons are one century old and their value exceeds 11 000 leva. Law enforcement officials have identified the perpetrators - the 30-year-old U.M. from Pernik and the 25-year-old Z.I. from Sofia.
The man's mother resided in the village of Rejantzi and they often went there. The stolen goods were sold in the capital and then resold through pawnshops. All were found and seized. Y.M. and H.I. have been charged. So far, they are not known to the police with criminal acts.
- » EU Officials Accused of Selling Illegal Alcohol in Afghanistan
- » The Infamous Convicted Killer Charles Manson Died after 40 Years in Jail
- » The US Police Arrested over 200 Members of a Criminal Group
- » Migrant-Smuggling Gang Caught in Bulgaria
- » Senator Attacked and Stabbed in Chile
- » 805 Phone Frauds Since the Beginning of the Year in Bulgaria