Hurricane Wind in Poland, there are Casualties
At least two people died because of the hurricane wind and rain that hit Western Poland last night. This was announced today by Interior Minister Mariusz Blachkas, reported TASS, quoted by DARIK. 39 people were injured, including 8 firefighters, the minister said.
One of the killed is a 67-year-old, local authorities said. He has fallen from the roof of his house, which he probably was about to repair.
According to the rescuers, about half a million inhabitants of Poland have been left without electricity because of fallen trees and torn power lines. Some highways and railway lines are blocked. The rescuers responded last night to 9900 calls, spokesman Paul Frontschak said.
- » How Long will the Bad Weather Continue?
- » Conditions For Blizzards in North Bulgaria and High Mountain Passes, Temperatures to Decrease
- » World Water Day 2018: Importance And Significance Of This Day
- » The Winter Came Back
- » Vidin Region Vigilant on Rising Danube Level
- » Over the Last Few Days, People have Helped More than 30 Storks