Powerful Storm Killed Seven People in Germany
Seven people died on Thursday in a storm that had hurricane winds in northern and eastern Germany, knocked down trees and cranes, and cut off rail transport, France press and DPA reported.
In Hamburg a tree fell over a car in which there were two women. One is dead and the other is admitted to a hospital.
Several drivers have also died of fallen trees in the Mecklenburg-Vorpommern province, in the Brandenburg province and Berlin a lot of people were also injured by the storm.
Rail traffic in northern Germany was stopped due to falling trees on the rails, Deutsche Bahn company said.
- » Recorded Earthquake in Ohrid
- » Hurricane Ophelia Knocked Down the Roof of Cork City Stadium (Video)
- » NIMH: Mostly Sunny With Temperatures up to 21-26°C
- » Hurricane Ophelia Hit Ireland, Trees have Fallen and Power Lines were Destroyed
- » At Least 54 People Died after Floods and Landslides in Vietnam
- » NIMH: The Weather Will be Mostly Sunny Today