Sofia’s Municipal Council Approves Measures Against Air Pollution
Sofia’s municipal council has approved an updated programme for air quality management until 2020, FOCUS News Agency reports.
The programme was approved by 52 councilors, while three abstained.
It aims at reducing particulate matter and limiting traffic of vehicles with high levels of harmful emissions. Public transport will be free in days with increased levels of particulate matter, while another measure provides for free parking for electric and hybrid vehicles.
The programme was updated after high levels of particulate matter were registered in Sofia last winter.
- » Surprising Checks in Stores about Christmas Decorations and Fireworks
- » Gallup: 79% of Bulgarians do not Want Early Elections
- » Prison Officers from Plovdiv Hold Protest
- » Bulgaria’s Jan-Oct New Light Commercial Vehicle Registrations Rise
- » Strasbourg Court Decided on EUR 462,000 for the Blue House in Plovdiv
- » Over BGN 20mln Have Been Invested in Increasing Road Safety Over the Past Year