Azerbaijan Waiting for Bulgaria To Construct Gas Link With Greece
The construction of the gas link between Bulgaria and Greece is expected to start in the beginning of 2018, stated interim Energy Minister Nikolay Pavlov in Azerbaijan.
Pavlov pointed out that intensive work is being conducted at the moment on the preparation of the documents for the announcement of the tender for the construction of the intersystem connector.
The most important thing is that the project has been secured financially, added Pavlov.
The project received gratuitous financing to the amount of EUR 45 M under the European Energy Programme for Recovery.
Besides, Bulgaria has set aside a guarantee to the amount of EUR 110 M which secures a credit under favourable conditions from the European Investment Bank and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development.
We are working as well on securing additional grant funds from structural and investment funds of the EU, added Pavlov.
- » Public Discussions on Gas Extraction in the Dobrudzha Region
- » Random Inspections Indicate Good Preparation of Network Electric Operators for the Winter
- » Just One Marine Wind Turbine Farm can Power the Whole World
- » Large Scale Power Outages in Sofia from Today
- » Europe will Receive Azerbaijani Gas in 2020
- » Gazprom does not Exclude the Possibility of Building New Gas Pipelines for Europe