Walloon PM Says Bulgaria Should Quit EU
Wallonia's Minister-President has said Bulgaria should leave the EU, alongside other Eastern European countries.
It is "desirable" that Poland, Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria follow in the UK's lockstep, Le Monde [FR] quotes Paul Magnette, who heads the Belgian region's government, as saying.
After Brexit, there should be "a Polxit, a Hungarexit, a Romaxit, a Bulgxit," he has argued.
Magnette gained international fame in October by blocking the EU-Canada free trade deal for a long time before backtracking.
- » Ska Keller: Many Bulgarians have Apologized to me Personally Because of Deputy PM Simeonov
- » DW: Bulgaria and Romania Push to Join EU's Schengen Area
- » Marie-Christine Vergiat: The Teaming Between Bulgarian and Turkish Border Guards is Disturbing
- » Bulgaria is at the Last Places in the European Union in People Working in the Field of Culture
- » Le Point: Mariya Gabriel is One of the Most Actively Working Commissioners
- » Informal Meeting of EU Foreign Ministers Starts Today in Sofia