Walloon PM Says Bulgaria Should Quit EU
Wallonia's Minister-President has said Bulgaria should leave the EU, alongside other Eastern European countries.
It is "desirable" that Poland, Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria follow in the UK's lockstep, Le Monde [FR] quotes Paul Magnette, who heads the Belgian region's government, as saying.
After Brexit, there should be "a Polxit, a Hungarexit, a Romaxit, a Bulgxit," he has argued.
Magnette gained international fame in October by blocking the EU-Canada free trade deal for a long time before backtracking.
- » Donald Tusk Proposes Sofia to Host a Western Balkans Summit
- » 55% of Bulgarians are Optimistic About the EU Presidency
- » Estonia Supports Bulgaria's Entry into Schengen
- » Europe can Sue Bulgaria for Lack of Access to 112 Emergency Number for Deaf People
- » Bulgaria will be the Center of Dialogue for the Digital Single Market
- » Bulgaria is the First in the EU in the Growth of Air Travel