Walloon PM Says Bulgaria Should Quit EU
Wallonia's Minister-President has said Bulgaria should leave the EU, alongside other Eastern European countries.
It is "desirable" that Poland, Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria follow in the UK's lockstep, Le Monde [FR] quotes Paul Magnette, who heads the Belgian region's government, as saying.
After Brexit, there should be "a Polxit, a Hungarexit, a Romaxit, a Bulgxit," he has argued.
Magnette gained international fame in October by blocking the EU-Canada free trade deal for a long time before backtracking.
- » Bulgaria is Among the EU Countries with the Highest Number of Old Aircraft
- » Kristalina Georgieva: I Expect Bulgaria to Enter the Eurozone Waiting Room Next Year
- » Bulgarian PM: EU integration of the Western Balkans Would be Among the Priorities of the Bulgarian Presidency of the EU
- » Maria Gabriel: An Expert Group at European Level will Make a Common Definition of the Issue of False News
- » Minister Pavlova: Bulgaria is Completely Ready for its EU Presidency
- » Bulgarian PM: Dialogue is the Only Solution For Stability in the Former Soviet Space