Bulgarian Arms Used By Para-military in Iraq
Bulgarian machine guns have been used by para-military organisations in Iraq, announced Patrick Wilken with Amnesty International.
Wilken is the author of a report on the arms used in Iraq by groupings which violate human rights.
The arms were delivered legally for the Iraqi government but para-military groupings got hold of them.
“Bulgaria is one of many countries which supplied arms to the Iraqi army. Some of the weapons supplied by Bulgaria ended up with para-military organisations which in no way respect human rights. They used these weapons. What we discovered was machine guns intended for the army. These were probably delivered in 2014. There were also many deliveries of machine guns and other arms between 2008 and 2011,” stated Wilken.
- » France and the United Kingdom have Signed a Border Security Agreement
- » Undercover Agents will Watch for Dirty Buses and Rude Drivers in the Capital
- » A Total of BGN 2.91 billion will be Paid to the Bulgarian Farmers
- » UN Presents New Proposals on Greece-Macedonia Name Dispute
- » Bulgarian PM: There is no Greener Government than Ours
- » Government Approved the Agreement Between Bulgaria and Macedonia on the Reduction of International Roaming Tariffs