Bulgarian Arms Used By Para-military in Iraq
Bulgarian machine guns have been used by para-military organisations in Iraq, announced Patrick Wilken with Amnesty International.
Wilken is the author of a report on the arms used in Iraq by groupings which violate human rights.
The arms were delivered legally for the Iraqi government but para-military groupings got hold of them.
“Bulgaria is one of many countries which supplied arms to the Iraqi army. Some of the weapons supplied by Bulgaria ended up with para-military organisations which in no way respect human rights. They used these weapons. What we discovered was machine guns intended for the army. These were probably delivered in 2014. There were also many deliveries of machine guns and other arms between 2008 and 2011,” stated Wilken.
- » Citizens Unhappy with New Anti-parking Poles in the Tunnel of the National Palace of Culture
- » Eurosceptic Party of Billionaire Babis Wins Elections in the Czech Republic
- » Minister of Foreign Affairs Ekaterina Zaharieva will be on a Two-Day Visit to France
- » Crucial Week For the State Budget
- » Bulgaria Fulfilled All the Criteria For Entry into Schengen, Bulgarian Foreign Minister
- » End of Autonomous Catalonia! Madrid has taken away the Rights of the Government of Puigdemont