Unemployment Benefits for Bulgarians Looking for Work Abroad To Be Paid by Bulgaria
According to a proposal of the European Commission, Bulgarians entitled to unemployment benefits will receive these from Bulgaria for 6 months even if they are looking for work abroad.
The announced reform in the coordination of the social systems among the 28 member-states determines who is responsible for the payment of benefits.
If a person loses their job in Bulgaria and goes abroad in order to look for a new one, for the next 6 months, unemployment benefits will be paid by Bulgaria and not by the receiving country.
The amendments to the two regulations are aimed at preventing fraud via duplicate payment of social benefits by the country of origin and the country where people emigrate.
- » Ska Keller: Many Bulgarians have Apologized to me Personally Because of Deputy PM Simeonov
- » DW: Bulgaria and Romania Push to Join EU's Schengen Area
- » Marie-Christine Vergiat: The Teaming Between Bulgarian and Turkish Border Guards is Disturbing
- » Bulgaria is at the Last Places in the European Union in People Working in the Field of Culture
- » Le Point: Mariya Gabriel is One of the Most Actively Working Commissioners
- » Informal Meeting of EU Foreign Ministers Starts Today in Sofia