Unemployment Benefits for Bulgarians Looking for Work Abroad To Be Paid by Bulgaria
According to a proposal of the European Commission, Bulgarians entitled to unemployment benefits will receive these from Bulgaria for 6 months even if they are looking for work abroad.
The announced reform in the coordination of the social systems among the 28 member-states determines who is responsible for the payment of benefits.
If a person loses their job in Bulgaria and goes abroad in order to look for a new one, for the next 6 months, unemployment benefits will be paid by Bulgaria and not by the receiving country.
The amendments to the two regulations are aimed at preventing fraud via duplicate payment of social benefits by the country of origin and the country where people emigrate.
- » Bulgaria is Among the EU Countries with the Highest Number of Old Aircraft
- » Kristalina Georgieva: I Expect Bulgaria to Enter the Eurozone Waiting Room Next Year
- » Bulgarian PM: EU integration of the Western Balkans Would be Among the Priorities of the Bulgarian Presidency of the EU
- » Maria Gabriel: An Expert Group at European Level will Make a Common Definition of the Issue of False News
- » Minister Pavlova: Bulgaria is Completely Ready for its EU Presidency
- » Bulgarian PM: Dialogue is the Only Solution For Stability in the Former Soviet Space