Unemployment Benefits for Bulgarians Looking for Work Abroad To Be Paid by Bulgaria
According to a proposal of the European Commission, Bulgarians entitled to unemployment benefits will receive these from Bulgaria for 6 months even if they are looking for work abroad.
The announced reform in the coordination of the social systems among the 28 member-states determines who is responsible for the payment of benefits.
If a person loses their job in Bulgaria and goes abroad in order to look for a new one, for the next 6 months, unemployment benefits will be paid by Bulgaria and not by the receiving country.
The amendments to the two regulations are aimed at preventing fraud via duplicate payment of social benefits by the country of origin and the country where people emigrate.
- » Prime Minister Borisov: Bulgaria will Provide EUR 500 000 to the Trust Fund for Africa
- » Donald Tusk Proposes Sofia to Host a Western Balkans Summit
- » 55% of Bulgarians are Optimistic About the EU Presidency
- » Estonia Supports Bulgaria's Entry into Schengen
- » Europe can Sue Bulgaria for Lack of Access to 112 Emergency Number for Deaf People
- » Bulgaria will be the Center of Dialogue for the Digital Single Market