France Extends State of Emergency
The lower chamber of the French Parliament voted to extend the state of emergency in France by 7 months – until July 15, 2017, reported BNR.
Increased security measures have been in force since November last year when jihadists killed 130 people in the centre of Paris.
The new Interior Minister Bruno Le Roux underlined that the danger of new terrorist attacks is still “extremely high”, especially given the large-scale events related to the presidential and parliamentary elections next year.
A total of 288 deputies voted “for” the extension of the state of emergency and only 32 voted “against”. A similar result is expected after the vote of the upper chamber – the Senate which is scheduled for Thursday.
- » EU Leaders Agree to Move to Second-Stage Brexit Talks
- » Greek Gov’t Aims to Speed Up Migrant Returns to Turkey
- » The European Council Extended the Sanctions Against Russia for Another 6 Months
- » Denmark Considers Using Cryptocurrencies for Humanitarian Aid
- » Norway Becomes the 1st Country in the World to Completely Switch Off its FM Radios
- » The Last European Council For 2017 to Begin in Brussels Today
France.. what a pathetic misconception is this country. I finally discovered that I am not the only one that thinks in this way... look at the cartoons