France Extends State of Emergency
The lower chamber of the French Parliament voted to extend the state of emergency in France by 7 months – until July 15, 2017, reported BNR.
Increased security measures have been in force since November last year when jihadists killed 130 people in the centre of Paris.
The new Interior Minister Bruno Le Roux underlined that the danger of new terrorist attacks is still “extremely high”, especially given the large-scale events related to the presidential and parliamentary elections next year.
A total of 288 deputies voted “for” the extension of the state of emergency and only 32 voted “against”. A similar result is expected after the vote of the upper chamber – the Senate which is scheduled for Thursday.
- » Turkey-Europe Tensions High as EU Summit Opens
- » Brexit: Theresa May Offers More Assurances to EU Nationals
- » Commissioner of the EC Admitted being a Victim of Sexual Harassment
- » Madrid Prepared to Halt Article 155 if Catalan Premier Calls Early Elections
- » Brexit, Pyongyang, Turkey and Iran - the Key Themes of the EU Leaders Meeting
- » "We Want you to Stay After Brexit", London has told EU Citizens
France.. what a pathetic misconception is this country. I finally discovered that I am not the only one that thinks in this way... look at the cartoons