France Extends State of Emergency
The lower chamber of the French Parliament voted to extend the state of emergency in France by 7 months – until July 15, 2017, reported BNR.
Increased security measures have been in force since November last year when jihadists killed 130 people in the centre of Paris.
The new Interior Minister Bruno Le Roux underlined that the danger of new terrorist attacks is still “extremely high”, especially given the large-scale events related to the presidential and parliamentary elections next year.
A total of 288 deputies voted “for” the extension of the state of emergency and only 32 voted “against”. A similar result is expected after the vote of the upper chamber – the Senate which is scheduled for Thursday.
- » French Rail Strike Turning into Major Challenge For Macron
- » Macron Launches Drive to Boost French Language Around World
- » “I am Prepared to Go to Prison if Belgium Decides to Extradite Me,” says Puigdemont
- » The European Elections will be Held Between 23 and 26 May Next Year
- » EU Municipalities Today Are Applying For Wireless Internet Financing
- » Statement by the Foreign Affairs Council on the Salisbury Attack
France.. what a pathetic misconception is this country. I finally discovered that I am not the only one that thinks in this way... look at the cartoons