Russia Demands Clear Deadline for Belene Debt Repayment
Russia insists that the decision of the international arbitrage be fulfilled as soon as possible and that Bulgaria pay its debt of Euro 620 M for Belene. Moscow expects Bulgarian authorities to send information about the deadlines for paying the money for the project.
The Russian reaction comes a day after a meeting of the Russian-Bulgarian working group was held in Sofia on the issues related to implementing the decision of the International Court of Arbitration in Geneva on Belene. The discussions also focused on the further actions needed in order to compensate Russian Atomstroyexport for the termination of the construction of Belene.
- » Public Discussions on Gas Extraction in the Dobrudzha Region
- » Random Inspections Indicate Good Preparation of Network Electric Operators for the Winter
- » Just One Marine Wind Turbine Farm can Power the Whole World
- » Large Scale Power Outages in Sofia from Today
- » Europe will Receive Azerbaijani Gas in 2020
- » Gazprom does not Exclude the Possibility of Building New Gas Pipelines for Europe
Better for Russian officials to be more modest in the approach to this debt of Bulgaria, imho.....
Much more dignified and wise would be to concentrate on, say, Ukrainian US$3bln debt or on the absolutely idiotic - and criminal with respect to the own people - pouring US$20bln of Russian money down the NPP Akkuyu drain... in the seismic State with the seismic President. In the name of what benefits should people, any people, pull the others\' strap?