Germany Expects No More than 300 Refugees By End Year
Head of the German department on migration issues and refugees Fran Juergen Weise expects no more than 300 more people to come into the country.
''We are ready to accept no more than 250-300 refugees more by the end of the year, '' he stated, as reported by Bild Sonntag.
In hos words, a scenario where more than that number of people will be arriving is highly unlikely.
Earier during the year, Germany stated that 1 million refugees have entered the country in 2015. Later on Weise stated that the number had been lower. As it appears, some of the arrivals had double registration, others have in fact left Germany in search of new opportunities.
- » Merkel Sends Positive Signal to May on Brexit Talks
- » EU Leaders Talk up Iran Nuclear Deal Hoping to Save it From Trump
- » Turkey-Europe Tensions High as EU Summit Opens
- » Brexit: Theresa May Offers More Assurances to EU Nationals
- » Commissioner of the EC Admitted being a Victim of Sexual Harassment
- » Madrid Prepared to Halt Article 155 if Catalan Premier Calls Early Elections