CGN shows interest in Bulgaria's Belene Project
Bulgarian energy minister Temenuzhka Petkova has met with representatives of the China General Nuclear power Group (CGN). Accoding to government information, the meeting was held in respose to a request of CGN.
Petkova shared the vision of the government, stating that the country is looking for a strategic investor, that will not receive government guarantees for long-term energy purchases on the Bulgarian market.
CGN then proceeded to questions related to the parameters of the Belene project and how it could be launched after the decision of the Geneva Court.
- » Russian Gas Supplies to Italy have Resumed
- » Part of Europe Left Without Gas Due to the Explosion in Austria
- » Bulgargaz Wants to Raise the Gas Price by 3% from January
- » EUR 60 million is the Estimated Value of the Pipeline for the New Gas Connection with Greece
- » Improving Energy Efficiency is One of the Main Goals of Bulgaria
- » Denmark Passes Law that Could Ban Russian Pipeline From Going Through its Waters
If you look closely at the Romanian Press Belene is compared to Chernobyl.
I tend to agree with Romanian fears since Bulgaria has not defined the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA).
The corruption and high costs can hinder quality and budgets for the Project.
Better safe than sorry.