CGN shows interest in Bulgaria's Belene Project
Bulgarian energy minister Temenuzhka Petkova has met with representatives of the China General Nuclear power Group (CGN). Accoding to government information, the meeting was held in respose to a request of CGN.
Petkova shared the vision of the government, stating that the country is looking for a strategic investor, that will not receive government guarantees for long-term energy purchases on the Bulgarian market.
CGN then proceeded to questions related to the parameters of the Belene project and how it could be launched after the decision of the Geneva Court.
- » Public Discussions on Gas Extraction in the Dobrudzha Region
- » Random Inspections Indicate Good Preparation of Network Electric Operators for the Winter
- » Just One Marine Wind Turbine Farm can Power the Whole World
- » Large Scale Power Outages in Sofia from Today
- » Europe will Receive Azerbaijani Gas in 2020
- » Gazprom does not Exclude the Possibility of Building New Gas Pipelines for Europe
If you look closely at the Romanian Press Belene is compared to Chernobyl.
I tend to agree with Romanian fears since Bulgaria has not defined the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA).
The corruption and high costs can hinder quality and budgets for the Project.
Better safe than sorry.