Interest in Bulgarian Citizenship Rises among Britons after Brexit
Applications for passports and inquiries about residency have both increased at embassies and high commissions in London in the two months since the UK voters decided in a referendum to leave the bloc, Bloomberg reported on Monday
The Bulgarian Embassy has been contacted by 30 Britons interested in citizenship, up from negligible interest, the newswire said.
“We usually don’t receive such kind of requests from UK citizens, so this trend has started after the referendum,” Bloomberg quoted Second Secretary Tsvetin Spasov as saying.
Uncertainty over what status the Britons will have after the UK leaves the European Union explains why they are “eager to safeguard their rights to work and travel in the bloc,” Bloomberg said
You can read the original Bloomberg story here.
- » Ska Keller: Many Bulgarians have Apologized to me Personally Because of Deputy PM Simeonov
- » DW: Bulgaria and Romania Push to Join EU's Schengen Area
- » Marie-Christine Vergiat: The Teaming Between Bulgarian and Turkish Border Guards is Disturbing
- » Bulgaria is at the Last Places in the European Union in People Working in the Field of Culture
- » Le Point: Mariya Gabriel is One of the Most Actively Working Commissioners
- » Informal Meeting of EU Foreign Ministers Starts Today in Sofia
It seems Bulgaria is selling Bulgarian Patriotism.
It seems my Bulgarian Grandfather and Bulgarian Father are turning over in their graves and their "Bloody Asses" are pointed at the Bulgarian Flag.
Do not give away PATRIOTISM.
PATRIOTISM IS SACRED THROUGH BIRTH!