Migrants Decline Assistance, Try to Leave Bulgaria ASAP - Red Cross Official
Bulgarian Red Cross Refugee-Migrant Service Programme Manager Mariana Stoyanova has said that migrants try to leave the Balkan country as soon as possible.
"You have to consider that very rarely while in Bulgaria the people complain and even when assistance is offered to apply before police or court, rarely someone is willing to proceed,” Russian news service sputniknews.com quoted Stoyanova as saying on Tuesday.
Most of the migrants were single men from Afghanistan, Stoyanova added.
Stoyanova’s comments come several days after the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights Zeid Ra'ad Al Hussein said that many migrants irregularly crossing into Bulgaria find themselves “in an invidious Catch-22 situation”.
- » Estonia Supports Bulgaria's Entry into Schengen
- » Europe can Sue Bulgaria for Lack of Access to 112 Emergency Number for Deaf People
- » Bulgaria will be the Center of Dialogue for the Digital Single Market
- » Bulgaria is the First in the EU in the Growth of Air Travel
- » Rapporteur on the Europol Regulation: Bulgaria's Progress in all Spheres is Visible Across Europe
- » The Official Website for the Bulgarian EU Presidency will be Operational on 1 December
If they were true refugees they would be glad to live in any safe country. However, since they are looking for a free house in which to bring their extended families who will eventually get free houses of their own (while kicking out the native taxpayers as has happened in Germany already and is being considered in France) they are economic migrants and we have enough of those already in the EU. Thank goodness Bulgaria has the sense not to hand out its taxpayers money to anyone who arrives while allowing the infrastructure for the taxpayers to fall into ruin