Migrants Decline Assistance, Try to Leave Bulgaria ASAP - Red Cross Official
Bulgarian Red Cross Refugee-Migrant Service Programme Manager Mariana Stoyanova has said that migrants try to leave the Balkan country as soon as possible.
"You have to consider that very rarely while in Bulgaria the people complain and even when assistance is offered to apply before police or court, rarely someone is willing to proceed,” Russian news service sputniknews.com quoted Stoyanova as saying on Tuesday.
Most of the migrants were single men from Afghanistan, Stoyanova added.
Stoyanova’s comments come several days after the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights Zeid Ra'ad Al Hussein said that many migrants irregularly crossing into Bulgaria find themselves “in an invidious Catch-22 situation”.
- » Le Point: Mariya Gabriel is One of the Most Actively Working Commissioners
- » Informal Meeting of EU Foreign Ministers Starts Today in Sofia
- » German Politician Opposed the Accession of Bulgaria to Schengen
- » The Website of the Bulgarian Presidency is Translated Automatically into 24 Languages
- » An Informal Meeting of Tourism Ministers From the European Union will be Held Today in Sofia
- » Maria Gabriel: There is no Reason For not Accepting Bulgaria in Schengen
If they were true refugees they would be glad to live in any safe country. However, since they are looking for a free house in which to bring their extended families who will eventually get free houses of their own (while kicking out the native taxpayers as has happened in Germany already and is being considered in France) they are economic migrants and we have enough of those already in the EU. Thank goodness Bulgaria has the sense not to hand out its taxpayers money to anyone who arrives while allowing the infrastructure for the taxpayers to fall into ruin