Sunny Beach Shooting 'Done by Criminal Gang'
The shooting in the Bulgarian Black Sea resort of Sunny Beach has been done by an organized criminal gang, the prosecuting authority has found.
Earlier in June, a shooting in the largest Black Sea resort left one man dead and three others heavily wounded.
One of those wounded, alleged drug lord Dimitar Zhelyazkov, a.k.a., Ochite ("The Eyes") was the arget of the shooting.
Until now, prosecutors had claimed the development was a result of a brawl over a parking lot - an idea embraced by Prime Minister Boyko Borisov.
There is a lot of evidence that "the shooting in Slanchev Bryag has been done by an organized criminal gang dealing with drug trade, extortion, battery, arson, etc." Daniela Popova, from the Specialized Appellate Prosecutor's Office, quoted by Focus News Agency as saying.
Bozhidar Kuzmanov, the owner of the disco where the incident took place, is pointed as the gang leader.
Of those detained, three have been indicted on charges of murder and attempted murder.
The man killed in the shooting was one of his bodyguards.
- » Armed Men Robbed a Casino
- » Dervish Drove a Van into a Group of Policemen in Tehran, Killing Three
- » Thief has Returned a Cello Worth 1.3 Million Euros
- » Three Suicide Bombers took 18 Lives in Nigeria
- » Five Police Cars Chased a Bulgarian Woman Driving 200 km / h. in Italy
- » Bulgarian Couple 'Executed' in Southern Suburbs Home in Cape Town