Bulgarian Authorities Bust Crime Group Making Fake Identity Documents
Bulgarian police officers busted on Thursday an organised crime group specialising in the production and distribution of fake identity documents.
The police operation was conducted in Sofia by officials of the interior ministry's General Directorate Combating Organised Crime (GDBOP) under the supervision of the specialised prosecutor's office.
Four men with criminal record were detained in the operation, the interior ministry's press service informed on Friday.
The place where the fake identity documents were produced was established at one of the four addresses searched by authorities. From there they seized a computer, printer, laminating machine and other materials used in the production of the fake documents.
The police uncovered and seized fake Bulgarian identity documents – identity cards and driving licences, passport-size photos, copies of personal documents, records of personal data.
- » Man goes to Court in Sofia for Trying to Sell Protected Specie Turtle
- » A Dog Trader Grows Nearly 300 Animals in an Illegal Kennel
- » The Authorities Seized a Painting by Salvador Dali from Art Smugglers
- » Between 10-15% of Young People in Bulgaria Fall Victims to Human Trafficking
- » Thousands of Textile Products with the Logo of Famous Brands were Detained аt Kapitan Andreevo
- » 20 Arrested in Joint Police-Prosecutor’s Office Operation across Bulgaria