Bulgaria's President Pays Tribute to Victims of Communist Rule
No punishment has yet been delivered for crimes committed under Communist rule, Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev said on Saturday.
Plevneliev attended a ceremony held in memory of victims of the totalitarian regime that held the country in a tight grip between the late 1940s and 1989.
"It is time we shake the dust off history to find the truth," he is heard saying in a report aired by the Bulgarian National Television.
The ceremony was held on the Danubian island of Persin, where the Belene camp (the island itself is also known as Belene) was used between 1949 and 1989 (having been defunct in brief periods) to imprison political opponents to the Bulgarian Communist Party, but also internal opposition.
- » Portugal is in National Mourning for the 36 Victims of Forest Fires
- » The Health Fund has Voted a BGN 400 Million Increase in the Budget for Next Year
- » Fine for Dropping Cigarette Buds and Other Small Trash on the Ground in Plovdiv
- » Hurricane Ophelia Knocked Down the Roof of Cork City Stadium (Video)
- » 3 Companies Approach Malaysia Over Restarting Search For Plane MH 370
- » NIMH: Mostly Sunny With Temperatures up to 21-26°C
Oh yes, Seedy, Lenin/Stalin&Co were killing "not just here" and not Bulgarians,
but in Russia/USSR, but their own people. Think "those Russians" will get on with it.
"Sa-sho"? He was killed by Your mates from Holy-Novi Inquisition;)
"Your Soviet paymasters"......Again and again, the same and the same...Another schizophrenia episode?
Stick it, Seedy, Your shrink's on the way ;)
Belene camp, Bulgaria, 1949-1989...\"No Punishment has yet been delivered for crimes committed under Communist rule\" /Rosen Plevneliev. Tribute to victims. In Persin./
Sofia, B?ulgaria, October 1943 - April 1944...More than 2,000 civilians killed by US bomber aircraft. To hell
with punishment. To hell with the tribute to victims. The main is not to forget to lay wreaths in front of the
memorial to the US pilots. In Sofia.